This Shokado Bento menu was one of the nicest menus we’ve attempted. We held two classes in June.
This menu was a mini-kaiseki, so lots of work, but lots of lovely dishes to enjoy!
- Kuchitori (口取り) First Compartment: a)Tamagoyaki (Japanese Omelette), b)Prawn Tsuyani, c) Fish Marinated in Saikyo Miso, d)Grilled Shiitake, e)Spinach Almond-ae
- Agemono (揚物) Second Compartment: a)Lotus Root Chicken “Sandwich”, b) Tempura Pork Roll with Asparagus , c)Prawn with Almond Flakes
- Takiawase (炊き合わせ) Third Compartment: a)Wagyu Shigureni (Sweet Slow Cooked Wagyu), b) Carrot Flowers, c) Snow Peas
- The Rice (御飯) Fourth Compartment: Shimeji Rice shaped in Mosso
- Soup (お椀): Egg “Tofu”, Mitsuba, Yuzu