Kei has come up with this wondrous wintery menu for our Winter Kaiseki class on Sunday, July 10.
- Sakizuke (The Appetiser) オレンジ釜, 鴨の伝法焼、ネギ、味噌 Duck and Leek in Miso Baked in an Orange Cup
- Wanmono (The Seasonal Broth) 茸椀 Seasonal Mushrooms in Broth
- Mukozuke (The Cold Dish/Sashimi) 鮪と鰤の刺し身 Tuna and Kingfish Sashimi
- Yakimono (The Grilled Dish)鰤の照焼き, 菊花ラディッシュ Grilled Kingfish Teriyaki and Chrysanthemum Radish
- Takiawase (The Simmered Dish) 鶏つくね、揚げ豆腐、ちんげん菜 Chicken Balls, Fried Tofu and Greens Simmered in Dashi
- Sunomono (The Vinegared Dish/Salad) 白和え Seasonal Vegetables Shira-ae (Dressed in White Tofu)
- Gohan (The Final Rice) 穴子棒寿司 Anago (Sea Eel) Bo-zushi
Dashi making is covered in all classes.
Menu is subject to change due to availability of ingredients and other factors.